2005 Toyota Rav4

 Manufactured since 2005. Nine basic configurations. Prices from 967,000 to 1,461,000 roubles.
Engine from 2.0 to 2.4 petrol. Front or all-wheel drive. Transmission: manual, variator and automatic.

We compare crossovers Toyota RAV4 and Citroen C5 Aircross

Finding the fifth-generation Toyota RAV4 crossover arrogant

Toyota RAV4 2005 Car Owner Review

                     Hello, future and present owners of this car! I'll try to help those who (like myself recently) in search and doubts of choice...
    About my agony of choice in a nutshell: I needed a small, practical left-hand drive parkette with inexpensive and affordable consumables. But very few cars fell under my demands and my budget up to 700 000 rub. Of available Honda CPR (2), Suzuki GV (3), Toyota RV4 (2), Nissan Qashqai - but more suitable to my criteria of the RV4. If anyone wonders why exactly, ask - I'll try to answer in the comments.
     Having investigated all sorts of sorenesses on various forums, I began to look for Ravus on two main points: firstly - dealer's 2l. engine with 150 horsepower. - And this is economy on taxes/insurance, and to "Americans" somehow I did not like, and secondly - restyled, because like the problem with ECU was rolled back, and the console became more pleasant. But to find such a car in good condition in 2004 - 2005, not from the central part of Russia (many know why) was very difficult. But I was lucky, though I had to muddy the waters and now I am the happy owner of Rav4 2005 automatic transmission 2l. with mileage 135t. driving around Yekaterinburg. Next as all - changed oil, changed the crankcase protection, and a few other little things. Now about my perception of the car.
    As it is usual I will describe plusses and minuses of ravus in my opinion:
            From the basic, seemed to me, minuses:
Stiff suspension - not critical, but there is.
The engine is a little bit noisy - probably because of a chain.    
It is impossible to switch off VSC TRC (anti-skid) in "Europeans" that influences on forcing  
off-road.  The "American" can be switched off.
The automatic transmission is dull or thoughtful. Read about it on forums, but had no idea what it looks like.
Thankfully in my small town there's no traffic lights or traffic jams, but when I drove it from another  
region, I was a little bit taken aback.  
           Of the pluses, and I thought there were more, especially as the flaws are not critical:
Excellent handling, the car is very dynamic for its class. Perhaps for this.    
a little bit rigid suspension, otherwise the Rav would dangle in the corners as k... yah.
Enjoyed the fuel consumption, checked the on-board gauge with my own calculations - all true. I'm not a stickler for
I'm not a follower of "going fast" and for a constant all-wheel drive car weighing 1300kg. in the mixed cycle 12l.
I think it's not bad - probably because of engine power reserve.  
Many people complain about tightness - my height is 185cm, family of 4 people, I haven't noticed anything like that. Rear door opens wide - though in the "no" side, in Japanese :), seats are quickly and easily disconnected with the levers and compactly folded remain in the garage. I've recently transported almost half a ton of potatoes that way :)
   Quite good cross-country ability, though I'm not a fan of getting into the very bogs. If only to switch off anti-buoys/anti-buoys. By the way, there were skilful persons - to disconnect this system at needed case with a help of pulling out of a safety lock, responsible for its work (ABS-2 cajoling). But it seemed to me barbaric and impractical. 2005 Toyota Rav4 https://jiji.co.rw/kigali/cars/2005-toyota-rav4-siuDZJZr0YvdhZU8qrSJnINs.html
  Build quality is pretty good.  The car is 7 years old and there are no crickets.  
There's probably nothing to squeak (I hope there won't be any!). Only thing is, I adjusted the tailgate U-rail and it stopped squeaking on the bumps.    
     My possibly necessary advice to newbies - when buying any used car do not spare to drive it for diagnosis, even if everything is all right you'll already be convinced of that, and there will be a reason to ask for a discount in case of impending repair.  
     Despite some flaws, and all cars have them, I am satisfied with Rava. Although the price tag on it seems to me, a little bit overpriced, probably because of the demand - at least when it searched on Drome, the ads of normal cars do not hang for a long time.
   So that's all my first impressions for 5 months.
Happy New Year to all! From holiday idleness I have decided to add to my review some unpleasant trifles which I think the future owners of such a car will have to face.

As I have mentioned before, I received a copy of "Sheriff" caravan protection from the previous owner. It so hid the clearance, that it was impossible to drive on a field sh-track. In forums I have seen "Alfeco" protection, got intrigued and have bought it. The lowest place on a 1AZ engine rave, as I understand it, is the muffler that wraps around the crankcase....

The media are chattering about abnormal snowfalls in Moscow... but here in Siberia it's warm and sunny as usual))

Well, it hasn't passed me by, either.

https://jiji.co.rw/kigali/cars/2005-toyota-rav4-siuDZJZr0YvdhZU8qrSJnINs.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fully Furnished House for rent img Kigali City,Gacuriro

Marble Staircase